Tuesday 10 January 2012

What is Acai and why is it so special?

So, what is Acai?
In this blog Post I explain why Acai is so special to me and the people who brought it to me. I also say why acai is called a superfruit and of course where to get it from.

My story
My first experience of Acai was when a friend of mine, David Ingham shared an acai juice blend with me.
I'd never tried anything like it before, it was yummy. The next day, the effects were eerie. I felt really alert and had had a goodnights sleep. I felt less grumpy in the morning. After a couple of weeks I also noticed less aches and pains.

What is Acai?
Acai is a berry that grows in the Amazon rainforest in Brasil (Brazil). It grows on acai palm and is harvested by hand -the local people have to climb a 25 foot high tree to get it.

Why Acai is so special?
It has been described by the media as a super food because of it's anitoxidant power - scientific studies show that antioxidants help you stay healthy by allowing your body to defend and repair itself. Some of the blends containing acai contain multiple types of antioxidant, resulting in greater defence and your body's repairability.

Who discovered it?
The pioneers, MonaVie brought acai to market. The founders


Is all acai the same?

How does it get here?

Where can I get it?


No comments:

Post a Comment